4. FREE SCHOOL MEAL APPLICATION
A pupil whose parent/guardian receives one or more of the following benefits is entitled to a free school meal:
* Income Support
* Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
* Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
* Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
* Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
* Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
* Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
* Younger than the compulsory age for starting school
* In full-time education
From September, Cambridgeshire County Council, Education Welfare Benefits Service will be the new free school meal (FSM) entitlement provider for our school.
To assist with the handover to their service, we would be grateful if you could complete a FSM application form if you are currently eligible for free school meals or feel that you may be eligible. This will allow them to gather the necessary information they need to carry out the checks and provide us with the most up to date information regarding your entitlement.
Making an application is quick and simple to do using the online application form at this address.
Select “no” when asked if you have had a previous claim.
If you do not have internet access, you can give the Team a call on 01223 703200, and they can send you a form to complete by post. Paper forms should be returned to;
Education Welfare Benefits Team, (Free School Meals)
Cambridgeshire County Council