In English, we aim to develop pupils’ abilities within an integrated programme of speaking & listening, reading & writing. Pupils will be given opportunities to develop their use, knowledge and understanding of spoken and written English within a broad and balanced curriculum with opportunities to consolidate and reinforce taught literacy skills.
Pupils at Nova Primary Academy will leave Year 6:
· reading and writing with confidence, fluency and understanding;
· with a love of reading and a desire to read for enjoyment;
· with an interest in words and their meanings;
· understanding a range of text types, media types and genres;
· able to write in a variety of styles and forms appropriate to the situation;
· using their developing creativity, imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness;
· having a suitable technical vocabulary to articulate their responses in any discussion.